Home | Gallery of Countries | Missions Travel |
Frequently asked Questions | Contact Us | Tell a friend about us
Frequently Asked Questions
These are the most Frequently Asked Questions. Send any further questions to Rob Schulze.
I have been in the travel business since March of 1996. Prior to that time I had 12 years experience in retail and mail-order furniture sales.
It is true that in many ways travel services available on the internet are attractively priced. Some suppliers even sell their product below cost to gain market share. If price were the only factor to consider when purchasing travel services, then there might not be much hope for travel agents.
However, I believe strongly in my business’ motto: “Where price is important and service is indispensable!” I do all I can to find my clients good prices. But I am a real stickler for good old-fashioned personal service, which I believe will never go out of style. I attempt to build a long-term client base that generates many referral customers. Here are some of the services I offer:
1) Fare monitoring service
2) Advance seat assignments according to your preference (when available)
3) Coordination of travel plans for clients traveling from different points to a common destination, eg for a wedding or family reunion
4) Maximization of frequent flier benefits. If you travel on a specific airline on a somewhat regular basis, I believe it is important to build up frequent flier credits. I will enroll you in the appropriate program at no cost to you. Enroll-
ment is especially important for long-distance international flights.
5) Monitoring of ticketed reservations for schedule and flight number changes
6) Hotel, car rental, tour and cruise bookings
7) Sharing of personal destination knowledge
8) Access to excellent travel insurance coverage. Travel insurance is strongly recommended when your plans include substantial non-refundable payments.
9) Visa and passport advice
Finally, due to my affiliation with Eagle Travel Services Inc of Crossville, Tennessee, I am able to work out of my home without the burdensome overhead associated with many retail travel agencies.
How do I pay for my tickets?
Tickets purchased through the regular reservation system, as well as most tour and cruise packages, are most easily paid for by credit card. Many consolidator tickets can be purchased by credit card. Often a lower price is available for purchase by certified check.
Documents such as a credit card authorization form and travel insurance acceptance/waiver form may need to be completed.
How do I get my documents?
Depending upon the circumstances of the order, we employ first class mail, Priority Mail, 2-day FedEx and FedEx Overnight. Your documents can usually be sent to any address in the U.S.
Do you charge service fees?
As the airlines have drastically reduced the commissions paid to agents in the past few years, it has become necessary to add a service fee to many of the air tickets sold through the reservation system. The price you are quoted includes this fee. There is no service charge on consolidator tickets.
I believe that our service fees are warranted by the level of service provided.